First UMC is committed to living the
Christian values of love, faith, and grace.
As Jesus taught,
we commit ourselves
to being welcoming of all.
Our church is open for all,
Join us for Worship, Sundays at 8:00am, 9:15am, and 10:30am.
All of our worship services at FUMC feature sermons that connect the Bible to the daily living of our faith. We seek to live John Wesley’s understanding of grace in our relationships with God, one another, and the world.
COVID-19 Interim Building Use Policy for
Level 2: Yellow Light Status: Cautionary Return time
Due to the care and concern for the safety of our congregation, Little Angels participants, and the staff; our Leadership Team of the Iowa City First United Methodist Church has developed the following COVID-19 Interim Building Use Policy for “Level 2: Yellow Light Status: Cautionary Return time.” Beginning Monday, August 3, 2020, staff can receive guests and group meetings may resume under the following guidelines:
- Guests will be allowed in the building by appointment only during our designated guest days – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week.
- Guests with an appointment may enter the building by calling the staff member they will be meeting or the church office once they have arrived.
- The staff member will greet guests at the chosen door and take them to the meeting area.
- Staff and guests will be required to wear a face covering in the public areas of the building, i.e. hallways, restrooms, etc.
- If a guest arrives without a face covering, the church will give one to the guest before they enter the building.
- Guests participating in a church group meeting will be limited to a maximum of 12 people to allow for the appropriate physical distancing. Masks will be worn during the meeting.
- Only one church group meeting (5-12 people) will be allowed in the building at a time.
- After the close of the meeting, the staff member and guests will clean the tables used with provided cleaning supplies. Please make sure the doors of the church are locked and all lights are off.
The staff is encouraged to work remotely as often as possible. It is also important that we provide a safe space for our staff, guests, and ministry partners to connect in person when necessary. For questions related to previously scheduled board or team meetings during the coming months, please contact your staff support person directly. The Leadership Team of the church will continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, and changes to the guidelines above will be communicated as quickly as possible.